I will be getting iliac bypass for poor circulation in my legs due to 95% blockage. how soon will i see the results?

Dr. Patrick Wyffels
Specializes in Critical Care
Immediately: Providing that the vessels downstream ( femoral, popliteal, tibial ) are open, you will get relief of your pain due to lack of blood flow immediately. You will especially will notice the effect when you walk. If you have non healing ulcers they will heal over time.
Dr. Shane Parmer
Vascular Surgery 24 years experience
Fairly quickly: If it is being done for claudication, pain while walking, then once you recover from the bypass, which may take a couple of weeks, you will notice a difference. If it is being done for an ulcer, it still may take some time for healing to occur.