Perry, IA

Can i have my sinuses removed ?

Dr. Michael Olds
ENT and Head and Neck Surgery 33 years experience
Not exactly: Your sinuses are part of the facial skeleton. The are air pockets within the bone. The openings from your sinuses onto the nasal passage can be widened and this will sometimes improve drainage. There are a number of smaller sinus cells between your eyes, and these can be surgically treated to remove the internal walls to create a single, larger space, but ultimately you will still have sinuses.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Kevin Owoc
Dentistry - Prosthodontics 20 years experience
No: There are 3 sets of sinuses. They are essentially air filled spaces. My question is, who and why was it suggested you 'remove' your sinuses. It's kinda like asking to remove the air from a balloon but still have it inflated? I don't know anybody that can do this.