can you tell me what is the recovery time from spinal cord stimulator implant?

4 doctor answers
Dr. Paul Slosar
32 years experience Orthopedic Surgery
Variable: It can range from weeks to months depending on the complexity of the surgery for implant and the skill of the surgeon.
Answered on Jan 6, 2017
1
3
Dr. David Rosenfeld
26 years experience Pain Management
My typical patient is able to return to their usual activity in a matter of several weeks
Feb 1, 2012
Dr. William Newton
18 years experience Pain Management
Few days to weeks: Normally patients will be sore for the first week if the underwent a percutaneous implant as compared to a paddle implant. Paddle implants require some bone removal and are more invasive. These will require a longer recovery and may be more painful. After about a month i release my patients to become more active as tolerated. I have had patients return to sedentary jobs in as early as one week.
Answered on May 28, 2019
1
Dr. Kevin Vaught
27 years experience Neurosurgery
6 weeks: It takes about six weeks to completely recover.
Answered on Jun 30, 2018
Dr. Marshall Bedder
37 years experience Pain Management
Approx. 6 weeks: Any surgery results in skin and muscle being incised to get to whatever target is being treated. The human body takes about 6 weeks to repair and regenerate these tissues back to about as full strength as they will be. The actual surgery for a SCS implant involves a small incision near the spine to insert the needle to thread the leads and anchor them, and a separate incision for the generator.
Answered on Jan 10, 2020
1
Dr. David Rosenfeld
26 years experience Pain Management
Generally about 5-6 weeks.
Apr 29, 2017