i have a spinal cord stimulator implanted in my back my employer is asking for me to take a polygraph will this interfere with the test?

3 doctor answers
Dr. Tadge Kanjo
22 years experience General Surgery
Not at all: polygraph examinations use changes in your normal physiology such as heart rate, rate of breathing, and blood pressure to help interpret the examinee's reaction to the questions. A spinal cord stimulator supplies a very small current to the spinal cord and is not only not detectable but it also does not change in response to external stimuli. It will have no impact in the exam.
Answered on Sep 4, 2015
51 years experience Neurology
Doubtful: A spinal stimulator provides a steady electrical impulse, and should not cause sudden or abrupt electrical recordings.
Answered on May 8, 2016
Dr. Bert Liang
Specializes in Neurology
No effect: There should be no effect with the polygraph.
Answered on Jun 6, 2017