Tampa, FL

Just woke up went to brush my teeth & gargle with salt water and i noticed the whitish color stuff i had in my extraction site is not there. normal?

Dr. Scott Harwood
Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery 46 years experience
Yes : Over time the coloration of the extraction site changes until it eventually looks the same as the surrounding tissue. Nothing to be concerned with.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Richard Kelner
Dentistry 10 years experience
Extraction: If it was surgical or sutured most dentist place in gelfoam which looks white. If it's several dead old and was partially closed it could just be sloughing tissue.
Last updated Jul 13, 2021