United Kingdom (Great Britain)

I had ct surgery 6 years ago on my right hand. i have had severe cramping in my thumb muscle where my thumb is locked towards my palm. ?

Dr. Barry Press
Plastic Surgery 44 years experience
Several possible...: Causes exist. Conditions that are often seen in patients with carpal tunnel syndrome include trigger finger (or thumb) which may cause locking of the thumb in flexion and/or arthritis at the base of the thumb. This can cause pain in the muscles of the thumb and decrease in the span of the web space between the thumb and hand. See the surgeon who performed your ct release.
Dr. M Felix Freshwater
Hand Surgery 49 years experience
Trigger thumb: If your thumb is locking and sore by the knuckle that sounds like trigger thumb. Over 90% of people with trigger thumbs are cured with a steroid injection.

Last updated Mar 12, 2020