Livermore, CA
A 56-year-old male asked about a 17-year-old male:

My son is experiencing back pain (severity: severe) (side: both) , back tenderness to touch, muscle cramps or spasms, and hip pain but not stiff joints, hand pain, joint swelling, knee pain, painful swollen joints, and hunched or stooped posture.

1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Al Hegab
Dr. Al Hegabanswered
Allergy and Immunology 42 years experience
Spine problems: hence the need to see a spine specialist, either a neurosurgeon/orthopedic surgeon who specializes in spine diseases, you can start with your primary doctor who would refer you, meanwhile use NSAIDS unless contraindicated, wish you both wellness
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Sep 6, 2018


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.