do athletes have more injuries when they eat a low-protein diet?

Dr. Vasu Brown
Integrative Medicine 34 years experience
Yes: On a low protein diet body burns the muscle for extra calorie needs - like sports activity so is important to balance the diet for increased body needs.
Dr. Randy Bernstein
Podiatry 37 years experience
Athletes need protei: Absolutely! there is absolutely no sense to be on a low protein diet. Protein is the corner stone of any diet. Protein is the most important part of any meal. Without protein, you will break down muscle, have no ability to heal, and become weak. Protein makes you strong. No athlete can have success on a low-protein diet.