How many times a week exercise to lose weight?

Dr. Mircea Petrina
Cardiology 24 years experience
Twice a day: If you can afford the time, total 90 mins/day.

Milwaukee, WI

How long should I exercise per day to lose weight? & how many times per week should I exercise to lose weight?

Exercise: Recommend that calories burned exceed calories in. Drinking at least 8 8 ounce glasses per day is important for both hydration and weight control. Try to get in whole foods (fiber) as well as 5 servings of vegetables and 4 servings of fruit per day. Physical activity is essential. At least 8 hours of sleep per night helps. Aim for at least 30 minutes of aerobic activity at least 5 days per week

Can you let me know how many days per week should I exercise to lose weight?

Dr. Mark Galland
Orthopedic Surgery 32 years experience
Cardio Mix: This varies from person to person. If you have adipose tissue to lose (not everyone does), then consider an increase in cardio and a balanced diet. However, do not always do the same exercise or you will increase your risks for stress injuries. Mix things up with walking, running, biking, swimming, or circuit training. Ultimately you need to burn more than you consume.

Can you let me know how many minutes, and how often during the week should I exercise to lose weight?

Dr. Mark Galland
Orthopedic Surgery 32 years experience
Consult...: With a personal trainer. They will be able to help alter your exercise routine to focus on your personal goals. They also will be able to provide an appropriate schedule/regimen for you. Best of luck!

How many hours a day should I exercise to lose weight quickly?

Dr. Dan Fisher
See below.: 1 hou of exercise is about 500 calories and there are 3500 calories in a lb of fat. 1 hour each day for a week is 1 lb of wt loss. Couple this with reduced intak and you are on your way.

Can you let me know how many times a day would I have to exercise to loose weight?

Dr. Steven Ajluni
Cardiology 35 years experience
Type of exercise: Aerobic and controlled weight training for 30-40 min per day (preferably at one time to maximize cardiopulmonary conditioning ) is helpful to lose weight along with a carefully planned out calorie reduction strategy . Goal with aerobic activity is to get your hr up to 65-80% maximum (220-age). A 44 yo would have a max hr goal of 176. 65-80% of this would aim to keep hr between 120-140.

Last updated Oct 11, 2016