Is it safe for me to take vicodin before my foot surgery?

Dr. David Hettinger
Podiatry 37 years experience
Why BEFORE?: If you mean, right before the procedure... Maybe. If you are having it done in a surgery center or hospital, they will give you a lot better meds than just vicodin! if it is at the doctor's office, just ask the podiatrist if it is ok. It depends on what other medications are going to be given to you.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Arnold Beresh
Podiatry 42 years experience
Depends: Vicodin is often used for pain prior to surgery. Just don't take on the day of your surgery.
Dr. Thomas Inwood
Podiatry 36 years experience
Vicodin: I'm not sure why you would take it before. If you are in that kind of pain your surgery should take place in a hospital and you will get some great stuff through anesthesia. Speak to your surgeon
Last updated Apr 15, 2019