India

my husband age 45 takes blood pressure medicines twice still his bp is high..., when his bp is high creatinine level also increases..?

Dr. John Szawaluk
Cardiology 31 years experience
See Below: He needs to see a nephrologist or a hypertension specialist for further evaluation.
Dr. Richard Williams
Pharmacy 18 years experience
Kidney involvement: Not that uncommonfor a hypertensive to need more than 1, 2 or 3 medications to control bp. Agree to certainly have him investigate the creatanine issue.
Dr. Howard Rubin
Cardiology 47 years experience
Hypertension: His accelerating hypertension needs more thorough evaluation possibly with a nephrologist and soon.
Dr. Jack Rubin
Nephrology and Dialysis 48 years experience
Hypertension: I have several questions. Is his BP worse now than it was 6 months ago? Is he taking more than 4 BP meds? Does he have an increasing creatinine? If the answer is yes, you should see a nephrologist (n) to make sure he is on maximum doses of his BP meds. If he is, causes for uncontrolled hbp such as a renal artery stenosis or conn's syndrome, need to ruled out. Ask your h's doctor to refer him.