2 weeks ago on my left side of head started have spasms and affect back of my head , neck and shoulder .This is make me really uncomfortable?

Dr. Edward Smith
53 years experience in Neurosurgery
Neck, not head: The commonest scenario for the cluster of symptoms you describe is a disc problem or arthritis in your cervical spine (neck). Spasms imply strong, uncontrolled muscle contractions. Scalp muscles are relatively puny compared to the more massive neck muscles which the likely source of your pain. Shoulder radiation is common with neck issues. So see an orthopod, physiatrist, neurologist, or your doc.
Answered on May 23, 2018