I don't eat any sweets still there is a small black spot on my teeth what is it even i have no pain?

8 doctors weighed in across 2 answers
Dr. Mark Hanna answered

Specializes in Dentistry

Stain or Decay: Even though you may not eat sweets, you still can develop decay in a tooth. Teeth have many small pits and fissures which trap bacteria and cause decay. There is alot of sugar in other things we eat or drink like juice, soda, jam, etc. That can cause decay as well. However it may just be stains from coffee, tea, or red wine as well. The best is to have your dentist check it out to let you know.

Answered 10/3/2016

5.6k views

Dr. James Wright answered

Specializes in Dentistry

Pain comes later...: Please do not wait for pain. Go to a dentist to check your tooth before this spot expands, any more black spots occur, or pain starts. With today's technology, a dentist can use a diagnostic device & show you exactly what the black spot it. Sweets can cause cavities, but are not alone in causing cavities. Please set yourself up for success & dental health with a regular 6 month dental visit.

Answered 5/15/2014

5.6k views