U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 31-year-old female asked:

I fell down the stairs yesterday, my upper leg, back and hip are very sore especially when i bend or put weight on it. no bruising. should i get check?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. James Loflin
Urgent Care 37 years experience
Possibly: If you have tingling, numbness or inability to move your extremities; if you have deformity to bones or pain in bones when not moving, or if the pain does not decrease over time, or you passed out and fell, then yes, you should see a doctor for an examination. If you are able to walk, not fainting, and the pain improves over a few days, you should mention the fall at your next regular appointment.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Jul 5, 2013


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.