San Francisco, CA

Just had surgery on my foot due to plantar fasciits, heel spur and nerve damage which caused me a lot of pain. found a tumor on the nerve.what is that?

Dr. Randy Lisch
Podiatry 39 years experience
Neuroma: A neuroma is a thickening of the nerve due to repetetive trauma. They typically remove the nerve that will cause some numbness, but the trade off is that the pain is gone. These are almost always benign.
Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Podiatry 29 years experience
There are : Different types of tumors, it would depend on the pathology report. I would imagine your surgeon would discuss the findings with you.
Dr. Alan Ettinger
Podiatry 50 years experience
Neuroma: A benign nerve tumor on the calcaneal nerve.
Dr. Christopher Hendrix
Podiatry 28 years experience
Neuroma: I was ask your surgeon for a copy of the pathology from your surgical intervention. The word tumor can be misleading and scary.... Tumor on a nerve may be a benign lesion known as a neuroma.... Check with your foot surgeon www.Acfas.Org.
Dr. Payam Rafat
Podiatry 23 years experience
Many possibilities.: The pathologist would need to tell you from the biopsy.

Last updated Sep 28, 2016