why is that every time i drink wine to get me frisky/horny for my fwb. i end up not having sex and falling asleep on him. i swear wine is my sleeping pill, i'm horny and ready to go for the first hour of the buzz then i'm ready to pass out. why?

Dr. Peter Forster
35 years experience Psychiatry
Might be the dose: First off, wine is not an aphrodisiac. The reason people drink it is to reduce anxiety and inhibitions. And like most things that reduce anxiety, it has a lot more affects than just reducing anxiety, it reduces alertness, makes you sleepy, etcetera. However, if it seems to work at first and then you fall asleep, try taking less. Realize that you are balancing reducing anxiety and reducing energy.
Answered on Mar 1, 2019
9