hi i took sleeping pills (restavit 25 mg) about 30 minutes ago and now at friends and drink a glass of red wine, is it dangerous?

Dr. Michael Kleerekoper
50 years experience Endocrinology
Red wine: Too much of a good thing is no good for you. That said, drink a glass of red wine but do it slowly and don't get a refill.
Answered on Apr 22, 2018
1
1
Dr. Alan Wartenberg
48 years experience Addiction Medicine
I have to disagree with my colleague. While Restavit only contains the antihistamine doxylamine, MANY people have idiosyncratic or synergistic reactions to combinations of alcohol with sedating drugs (where 1+1=5), and I do NOT recommend drinking ANY alcohol on top of ANY sedating drug. Talk to your health professional about your sleep problems and alcohol use.
Mar 26, 2016