before and during my pregnancy i had paps and std testing. nothing was wrong. now a year later i find out i have pid. how was it missed?

2 doctor answers
45 years experience Pediatrics
Exposures ???: I would suppose you & your partner have had additional exposures over the past year. You or your partner may have had a problem surface that was not detected by regular screening(or not specifically tested). You can review the findings with the treating physician, but the agent came in at some point & the actual form of pid may point to the timing involved.
Answered on Apr 13, 2018
1
Dr. Chevies Newman
21 years experience Obstetrics and Gynecology
Depends: Was this pid dx'd by culture or was it a clinical diagnosis. Pelvic pain is often called pid and treated so it's not missed. On the other hand, having a neg workup a year ago doesn't mean u couldn't have gotten an infection in the meantime. Before u go crazy though makevsurebthey isolated a bacteria that is an std.
Answered on Sep 28, 2016