my ent doc thinks that my left tonsil must be taken out because of an infection or a stone, but i have no fever or difficulty swallowing , just pain and sore throat pain behind my nose and left cheek and ear . is that normal?

2 doctor answers
Dr. Martin Raff
55 years experience Infectious Disease
Which?: Certainly not normal to have persistent pain and sore throat and pain behind nose and in cheek and ear. It is normal for an ENT doctor to want to remove a tonsil which he believes is not functional and is creating more problems than benefits. If you still have questions, ask for another independent opinion.
Answered on Feb 4, 2019
1
Dr. Mansoor Madani
Specializes in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
Get a second opinion: Get a second opinion from another ent. If you develop frequent infection then removal of tonsils may be wise.
Answered on Jul 20, 2016