India

if gall stones stuck in cbd, can it be very dangerous.if gallstone stucks in cbd , then how does it is removed?

Dr. Mark Hoepfner
General Surgery 39 years experience
Can be serious...: If not treated promptly. Gallstones in a common bike duct are usually associated with significant abdominal pain & sometimes vomiting. Jaundice will develop if not treated promptly, or pancreatitis or possible infection. Usually a gastroenterologist will remove the stones with an endoscopy procedure (ercp).
Dr. Barry Rosen
General Surgery 34 years experience
Choledocholithiasis: Cbd stones always require rx due to the risk of cholangitis and/or pancreatitis. They are best treated by endoscopic removal (ERCP) performed by a gastroenterologist if they don't pass spontaneously. This should be followed by cholecystectomy to prevent any other stones from entering the bile duct from the gallbladder.
Dr. George T Tsai
General Surgery 27 years experience
Can be: Cbd obstruction can lead to liver injury and at times require emergent intervention such as ERCP or surgery to restore its patency.