my dad had whipple surgery in dec 2011 and chemo till july 2012 the ct scan showed cancer grew back now kidneys are failing how long before he passes i saw him on sunday by tuesday because of pain the meds have him out of it and his wish was to die at hom

Dr. Steven Ginsberg
Hematology and Oncology 37 years experience
Speak with his MD: Predicting someone's death is not easy. You need to speak with your dad's doctor to get an idea of how long he is expected to live.
Dr. Addagada Rao
General Surgery 56 years experience
Respect his wishes: First my sympathy to all of your family.This is an unfortunate end stage of the disease and patient wishes has have to prevail. Your medical team will make every thing possible to make him comfortable.If his wish is to die at home , do not deny make it happen , he will have eternal peace.

Last updated Jun 28, 2020