my 14 month old daughter has been bleeding from her privates. took her to the doctor he said he thinks she cut herself. shss still bleeding and has developed a spotted rash everywhere now we has a fever. rectal temp 45 min ago was 100.3. rectal temp 10 mi

2 doctor answers
Dr. Alfredo Garcia
55 years experience Pediatrics
Vaginal bleeding: Please see a pediatrician or bring her to the ed (emergency department) for further evaluation. 14-month-olds just don't "cut themselves". I hate to bring it up but there's something fishy going on.
Answered on Mar 26, 2013
1
Dr. Michael H. T. Sia
30 years experience Pediatrics
Viral illness?: If she is comfortable & in no distress, support her by allowing her private areas to heal by soaking her in a tepid bath with some baking soda to enhance healing of her "cut." watch to see how other symptoms affect her over time. I would not give medication for her temperature unless she was fussy, irritable, uncomforatble. This may be a viral illness with rash, fever & evolving other sx's.
Answered on May 4, 2014
2