I had gb surgery 2 weeks ago. last night i slept on my back with my feet facing upward. when i awoke, it was painful to move my feet off the bed! is there an explanation for this?

4 doctors weighed in across 3 answers
Dr. Robert Kwok answered

Specializes in Pediatrics

Doctor can check: Anyone who has had recent surgery or recent bodily trauma is at higher risk for getting blood clots in the legs. So, if there are any mysterious feet or leg pains or swelling, the patient should get seen right away to make sure there is not a blood clot in the leg veins. If there is not clot on evaluation, the doctor can look for what else might be causing the symptoms. Blood clots are dangerous.

Answered 12/19/2013

5.6k views

Dr. Barry Johnson answered

Specializes in Podiatry

Probably stiffness.: This is probably due to stiffness of your joints and surrounding soft tissues. Immobilization of your joints due to being bedriden / sedentary following your operation is contributory.

Answered 3/30/2015

5.6k views

Dr. Thomas Inwood answered

Specializes in Podiatry

Surgery: This is probably stiffness associated with being sedentary after surgery. But, as always , see your surgeon for any concerns and to rule out something more serious.

Answered 12/19/2013

4.7k views