i lost my smell because of sinusitis, please help me?

2 doctor answers
Dr. David Astrachan
36 years experience ENT and Head and Neck Surgery
Need to be evaluated: Most of the time a loss of smell from sinusitis will improve with proper treatment including antibiotics and a course of oral steroids. You need an ENT evaluation to determine cause and proper therapy.
Answered on Sep 28, 2016
1
Dr. Franklyn Gergits
28 years experience ENT and Head and Neck Surgery
Loss of smell: Hello. With the loss of smell while suffering sinusitis, I would recommended seeing your ENT doctor. A nasal endoscopy will be needed to see the upper part of the inside of your nose to look for abnormalities or obstruction. A CT and/or MRI may be recommended. The sooner you seek treatment, the better the chance for recovery. Good Luck.
Answered on Oct 24, 2017