haven't been able to smell in 2 years do to chronic sinusitis operation of sinusitis (ethmoid bulla?), how long does it take to start smelling again

2 doctor answers
Dr. Nayla Mumneh
28 years experience Allergy and Immunology
Lack of smell: Depending on the duration of lack of smell, it may or may not recover. Has the sinusitis been treat adequately since the surgery? Residual ethmoid sinusitis will keep you from smelling well. See an ENT or an allergist about your sinuses.
Answered on Jun 10, 2014
1
Dr. Franklyn Gergits
28 years experience ENT and Head and Neck Surgery
Loss of smell: Greetings. The longer you are without a return of your sense of smell, the lesser the chances that smell will ever return. I see you smoke tobacco. I would recommend discontinuing smoking, check with your ENT surgeon if there are possible polyps high within your nasal cavity that may respond to treatment. Good luck.
Answered on Jun 10, 2014