Fort Lauderdale, FL

i take xanex twice a day and would like to a wran off it?

Dr. Robert Killian
General Practice 28 years experience
Xanax (alprazolam) addiction: I am proud of you for making this choice. This drug is so addictive. But, to come off of it may take some effort. A slow taper is possible. But, with the help of a trusted health care advisor. Going to a treatment facility and getting detoxed medically is another option. But, you can live your life free of these benzodiazepine drugs. You will feel better over all.
Dr. Pamela Pappas
Talk with your doc: Xanax (alprazolam) can be a difficult medication to wean from, depending on how long you've been using it. Please discuss this with your own physician, who can help you with a gradual plan. Also, you need to talk with your doctor about the condition for which xanax (alprazolam) was prescribed in the first place -- to make sure symptoms don't recur. If you were having anxiety, there are other ways to treat this.
Dr. Alan Ali
Dr. Alan Ali answered
Xanax (alprazolam): Depends on the daily dose and how long you've been on it, slow gradual tapering is very possible. Need to discuss with your prescribing doctor the plan to do so, so as to avoid withdrawal.