can i have children if i have an undescended testicle?

Dr. George Klauber
Specializes in Pediatric Urology
Likely yes: Highly likely provided the other testis is fully descended. Less likely if both testes are undescended and highly unlikely if both testes are undescended and above the pubic bone. Assisted fertility techniques such as iui, ivf or icsi can be used to enhance fertility.If necessary. Fortunately, unilateral udt is much more common than bilateral and fertility is usually not severely impaired.
Dr. Jerry Casale
Probably: It depends if it is truly undescended or retractile . Retractile means it is high up in the scrotum and can be felt this should not cause problems with fertility. If it is truly undescended and can't be felt the undescended teste will probably not produce sperm , but if the other testicle is ok you should have no problem. An undescended testicle should be seen by a physician and repaired.