U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 30-year-old member asked:

Anyone have experience with undescended testicle?

2 doctor answers6 doctors weighed in
Dr. Simon Kimm
Urology 17 years experience
Urologists.: Surgery for undescended testis, or cryptorchidism, can be performed by pediatric surgeons or urologists. I recommend consulting a urologist since they usually have more experience and can follow those patients that do not need immediate surgery. The age of the patient is an important consideration, since the risk of cancer is greatest after puberty.
Dr. James Ferguson
Pediatrics 47 years experience
?pts age??: Approach to undescended testis has gradually become more aggressive over the past 3 decades as data show the negative effect letting it stay in the abdomen have on fertility or the opposite testis.Locating & bringing it down if possible by 6m to 1y is common with a trend toward earlier surgery.Those found high in the scrotum or canal at birth are generally watched

Related questions

A 37-year-old member asked:
1 doctor answer4 doctors weighed in
A 36-year-old member asked:
1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
A 32-year-old male asked:
1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
A 47-year-old member asked:
4 doctor answers11 doctors weighed in
A 29-year-old member asked:
3 doctor answers9 doctors weighed in
Last updated Sep 1, 2017

People also asked

Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.