U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 44-year-old male asked:

My wife is suffering with spleen enalrgement and getting weekness, stomach ache oftenly, ?

2 doctor answers4 doctors weighed in
Dr. Jeffrey Crespin
Gastroenterology 29 years experience
Many causes: An enlarged spleen can be caused by many thinks including infectious mono, portal hypertension and leukemia. Your wife should see a doctor and get examined and have her blood counts checked.
Dr. Jeffry Lindenbaum
Family Medicine 47 years experience
Multiple problems!: You must take her to a doctor immediately. If none a available since it is a weekend call your primary and ask if er would be best alternative or maybe they have emergency appointments available. It sounds like she needs a ct at least and careful history and physical exam. These are symptoms you must not ignore. Do not listen to other peoples advice. Listen to professionals who have had.
Last updated Mar 26, 2015


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.