Mount Vernon, MO

my wife uncle got 95 percent of his stomach took out and spleen he wont say but i heard mabe cancer stage 4 stomach how long can you live.?

Dr. Addagada Rao
General Surgery 56 years experience
Unlikely: 95 % of stomach will not be removed if it is stage IV , remember patient has privacy rights, may be her uncle does not want you to know and keep that way, respect his privacy., .
Dr. Luis Villaplana
100% AGREE WITH DR. RAO
Sep 19, 2012
Dr. Barry Rosen
General Surgery 34 years experience
Support Ur Uncle: If your uncle has chosen not to share the details of his illness, it is best not to speculate about the timing of his demise. In general, however, we don't do extensive surgery like this for stage 4 patients. I advise you to focus on the positive--no one has a 'crystal ball' in these matters, not your uncle nor his doctors nor this website. The best thing you can do now is offer your support.
Dr. Luis Villaplana
AGREE WITH DR. ROSEN. NOT ENOUGH INFORMATION EITHER. IT WOULD BE TOTALLY GUESSING FROM OUR PART.
Sep 19, 2012