U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Londonderry, NH
A 30-year-old female asked:

I fell today and having pain in my upper left stomach. i have had a swollen spleen before from mono. should i get checked out of give it a few days?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Donald Colantino
Internal Medicine 62 years experience
Exam needed: An enlarged spleen is often boggy and susceptible to easy bruising and bleeding. This can act like a sponge and continue to bleed. You should be examined by a physician, undergo a careful abdominal evaluation and have a blood test to check for dropping red blood cell count.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Jul 16, 2017


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.