U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 42-year-old male asked:

I have severe burning in both ear canals. i have recently started wearing in the ear hearing aids. is this a common problem and should i see a gp ?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Michael Ekizian
A Verified Doctoranswered
21 years experience
Fitting: I don't know what exactly is causing the burning in your ear canals, but hearing aids must be properly fit before wearing them. Not all dispensers of hearing aids take the time required to do this properly, and sometimes a licensed audiologist may be needed for this purpose.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Aug 7, 2012


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.