Plainfield, MI

Will acetic acid help with itchy ear canals? how long after using can i put my hearing aids in? aids go behind ear and in canal.

Dr. Bernstein Joel
ENT and Head and Neck Surgery 60 years experience
It may: Acetic acid is probably helpful for itchy ear canals but is more appropriately used as a first drug for otitis externa or infection of the ear canal skin. My recommendation for itchy ears, which usually indicates dryness and if you are a Q tip user, please stop forever, is MINERAL OIL. This medication lubricates the skin of the canal and I have had few complaints after patients use it.