is weight loss surgery effective?

Dr. Vasu Brown
Integrative Medicine 34 years experience
Yes if you work it: I have seen people do very well after weight loss surgery. It takes few months after surgery for results to show it is not dramatic the weight loss. But keep tonifying the body and with weight loss make sure you manage nutritional needs simultaneously.
Dr. Matthew St. Laurent
Bariatrics 29 years experience
Absolutely: Surgical weight loss is the single most successful means of losing weight long term compared to any conventional method such as diet and exercise. It is also the most effective way to resolve underlying medical conditions such as diabetes, hypertension and sleep apnea. Surgical weight loss does require work and needs to be performed in conjunction with a comprehensive after care program.
Dr. Terry Simpson
General Surgery 35 years experience
Effective : Weight loss surgery is a tool. It is a tool for the patient to use and learn to use. It is effective when used properly.
Dr. Mujjahid Abbas
Bariatrics 20 years experience
Yes in majority: It is effective if done right and combined with proper diet and life style changes and exercise and regular follow up. It is one of the best ways to lose lot of weight at a time if some one is morbidly obese but one has to meet certain criterion to qualify for it.