How should i relieve sensitive gums?

Dr. Reid Winick
Dentistry 33 years experience
Proper cleaning: Dental visit is important to rule out if their is an infection in the gums or tooth. If gums warm salt water is helpful. A water pik is helpful, also.
Dr. Charles Kattuah
Dentistry 23 years experience
Get teeth cleaned: It is possible that your gums may be sensitive due to presence of plaque and tartar below the gums which causes inflammation of the gums. Sensitive gums due to this is not common but I have seen it. If you have not had a dental cleaning in a while then try that first. You can try salt water rinses to help toughen them up. You should also gently massage them with the brush when you are brushing.