What is good for sensitive gums?

Dr. Behram Dalal
32 years experience
Sensitive gums: Result from under stimulated gums. Best to use a mechanical toothbrush like an oral b triumph and also a waterpik. Used properly, in a couple of weeks as the gums start to get healthier, its bye-bye sensitive gums.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. David May
Dentistry 31 years experience
Saltwater: I would try a saltwater rinse. If the gums are not soothed by this go to your dentist.
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Orthodontics 54 years experience
Sensitive gums: Gums themselves should not be sensitive unless diseased. If gums recede, tooth roots become exposed and that can be quite sensitive. Best to see your General Dentist for an examination and status report on the health of both your teeth and their supporting tissues. Treatment will vary depending on the cause. Don't try to manage this on your own, get professional help.