When i run for a long time my feet fall asleep and i can't feel them, how do i prevent this other than new shoes?

Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Podiatry 30 years experience
Not the shoes: This is likely not the shoes. Something is occuring where you are putting pressure on a nerve. It might be by he ankles (tarsal tunnel) or as high as the back. I think you should have emg/ncv testing after symtomatic on a treadmill by a neurologist. This might shed some light on your problem. (these are tests on the muscles and nerves.).
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Steven Frydman
Podiatry 49 years experience
Not the shoes: This sounds as if you are pinching a nerve in the foot. You may need some type of support to realign the foot as you walk over it in the gait cycle.