When i run for a long time my feet fall asleep and i can't feel them, how do i prevent this other than new shoes?

Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Podiatry 29 years experience
Not the shoes: This is likely not the shoes. Something is occuring where you are putting pressure on a nerve. It might be by he ankles (tarsal tunnel) or as high as the back. I think you should have emg/ncv testing after symtomatic on a treadmill by a neurologist. This might shed some light on your problem. (these are tests on the muscles and nerves.).
Dr. Steven Frydman
Podiatry 48 years experience
Not the shoes: This sounds as if you are pinching a nerve in the foot. You may need some type of support to realign the foot as you walk over it in the gait cycle.

Last updated May 15, 2014