Dallas, TX
A 51-year-old female asked:

I have sle, fibromyalgia, and depression i'm on meds but now i'm having pain in elbow and baby finger getting numb. i don't know what kind of doctor to see. please advise?

2 doctor answers6 doctors weighed in
Dr. Mitchell Cohn
Pain Management 37 years experience
Osteopathic Doctor: Your complex issues should be addressed both separately & as a unit. Chronic disorders often cause depression. All ailments & your physical & emotional response to them should be addressed. Most drs. Might recommend a rheumatologist & psych. A good do interested in chronic pain & manipulation might be a better choice; they look at the whole person & the elbow/finger pain might be of spinal origin.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Catherine Lanteri
Specializes in Psychiatry
Primary Care: Start with your primary care. They can look at your symptoms from the perspective of your complete health. They could then refer you to a specialist they trust if you need additional care.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated May 15, 2014


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.