A member asked:

3 bulging disc in my neck /pain and numbness in right arm from elbow to index finger and thumb doctor wants to refer neurologist is this correct?

5 doctors weighed in across 2 answers
Dr. Jovita Anyanwu answered

Specializes in Internal Medicine

or a neurosurgeon if surgical management is considered a possibility

Answered Jun 24, 2016


Dr. Craig Morton answered

Specializes in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation

Neck pain that runs down the arm with or without numbness and tingling sounds like a pinched nerve in the neck. This is usually caused by a protruding disc or bone spur touching one of your spinal nerves as it leaves your neck. A neurologist can be a good start to get this evaluated.

Answered Apr 7, 2015



Related Questions

Online Primary Care Doctors Accepting New Patients

$44 video appointments available today with a membership as low as $15/month

Book a Video Appointment
Ask your question
Didn't find what you're looking for?

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more.

Ask your question

Meet your new favorite doctor