is it bad that i am feeling neglected when i am trying to care for my wife who has als?

Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Podiatry 28 years experience
No: Not at all you are human. Careing for someone with ALS is not easy. You should be commended for the care you are trying to give your wife. "till death do us part." having said that, talking about the situation is probably a good idea, a therapist or psychologist would be a good idea. I wish you luck.
Neurology 52 years experience
Understandable: Caring for chronic neurological disorder without hope of cure or remission is unbelievably stressful, and I do understand your frustrations, as you are the caregiver, and your dedication can raise all sorts of feelings. Do not feel guilty or resentful, discuss with a counselor, and learn to handle your needs as this proceeds. Best to you.

Last updated Jun 20, 2016