U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 48-year-old member asked:

I had a mrsa infection? in the past?what kind of test do i need to get cleared for surgery?

1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Podiatry 29 years experience
Mention to doc: Sometimes a surgeon might check if your a carrier by taking a nasal swab of your nose. However, more often than not, nothing will be done but if they they prophylaxis you with an antibiotic they might chose one that covers mrsa, similiarly if you develop an infection they would gear it against mrsa.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated Jul 15, 2012


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.