U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 30-year-old member asked:

My tonsils are big and hurt! should i call my ear nose throat doctor or what?

1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Anna Guarna
Dentistry 35 years experience
Yes: It's one thing to have swollen tonsils, but if you're in pain, definitely call an ent.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated Jul 13, 2012


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.