why does my throat constantly hurt and what can i do about it? back in april i caught a cold and my throat has been hurting ever since (along with having plugged ears, sore face and neck, stuffed nose and pus pockets on my swollen tonsils). i've been to t

2 doctor answers
Dr. Joseph Jeu
Chronic : Chronic tonsillitis can be quite bothersome. Failure to respond to several courses of antibiotics might be an indication to have a tonsillectomy. You might want to se an otolaryngolist, ear nose and throat specialist, for further evaluation.
Answered on Dec 22, 2018
1
Dr. Brian Affleck
29 years experience ENT and Head and Neck Surgery
Chronic tonsillitis: With white "pus pockets" on your tonsils, you may have tonsil stones, which is evidence of a chronic tonsillitis. This is a good reason to consider getting your tonsils removed. Go see an Ear Nose and Throat specialist to make sure that what you have going on.
Answered on Jan 7, 2019