I'm an extremely fit and healthly person, who is a track athlete. blood test results showed that my h1c is at 5.9, which seemed high and alarming (normal is 4 - 5.7). my 12 hr fasting level was excellent and i do limit my sugar intake. my mother is dia

4 doctors weighed in across 2 answers
Dr. Claude Parola answered

Specializes in Internal Medicine

You are probably aware to the fact that you have a risk factor to become diabetic, but this does not necesarily mean you will become one , you should continue doing the excercise, have a healthy diet, avoid soft drinks, pastries, keep a healthy weight and have a regular check up.

Answered Sep 28, 2016

5.7k views