U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 32-year-old member asked:

do i have a lot of stress if i have fast shallow breathing?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Alan Ali
Dr. Alan Alianswered
Psychiatry 32 years experience
Stress: Type of stress, relevance to patient and how it's perceived, determine onset of anxiety, one symptom of which u r describing.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Personalized answers
Free
Talk to a doctor
$30 per visit with
membership

Similar questions

A member asked:

Can stress cause my breast milk to dry up?

2 doctor answers4 doctors weighed in
Dr. Sharon Gilliland
Pediatrics 36 years experience
Yes: Major stress can certainly diminish breastmilk supply. However, there are things that can be done to counteract the effects of major stress. Drink tons of water (or other non-caffeinated clear liquid) and use fenugreek, an herbal preparation which helps increase milk supply. Dealing with the stress, itself, will also help -- for instance, counseling, yoga and relaxation exercises.
A 36-year-old member asked:

Is it true that emotional stress can cause a miscarriage?

2 doctor answers8 doctors weighed in
Dr. Nicholas Fogelson
Specializes in Gynecology
No: There's no data to suggest that emotional stress increases miscarriage rate. Many women are stressed at various times, and when a stressed woman miscarries she tends to think it was because of the stress - but there isn't any data to confirm this as a cause. There is really nothing a woman can do or not do to cause a miscarriage, short of taking a pill for medical abortion.
A 34-year-old member asked:

Is it normal for EKG and stress tests to be normal after stent & 2 angioplasties were done?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Vardhan Reddy
Vascular Surgery 36 years experience
Yes/no : 85% chance of being abnormal. And it can be normal in 15%of pts.
A 29-year-old member asked:

Can raynaud's syndrome caused by emotional stress?

2 doctor answers5 doctors weighed in
Dr. Bradley Thomas
Vascular Surgery 19 years experience
It can trigger it: Environmental triggers such as exposure to cold is more common. However, stress can also be a trigger and lead to the symptoms of reynauds. If your symptoms are bothering you significantly you should be seen by your doctor. Vascular surgeons, rheumatologists, and many primary care doctors can help you deal with this disorder.
A 45-year-old member asked:

What other than asthma can cause trouble breathing?

1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Joseph Bouvier
Pediatrics 25 years experience
Many possibilities : Including: pneumonia, chronic lung disease, bronchitis, copd, bronchiolitis, cheat trauma, epiglottis, lung cancer, pulmonary edema, pleurisy, pulmonary embolism, throat trauma, heart attack, neuromuscular disorders, anaphylaxis, high altitude, obesity, organ failure, sepsis, shock, severe ascites, cardiac arrthymias, pericarditis, cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, etc.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Personalized answers
Free
Talk to a doctor
$30 per visit with
membership
Last updated Oct 3, 2016
Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
$30 per visit with
membership

Disclaimer:

Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.