U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 47-year-old member asked:

Is there a treatment to manage or cure folliculitis pseudomonas?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. John Ebner
Dermatology 19 years experience
Topical & Systemic: Pseudomonas folliculitis is classically associated with hot tube use and improper chlorination of the water. Treatment can be topical using Acetic Acid (vinegar) soaks or other agents. Systemic treatment is often centered around oral antibiotics. Sometimes people will carry the bacteria in the nose and eradication there will cure the problem. See a dermatologist to help with management.

Similar questions

A 48-year-old member asked:

What are the folliculitis causes , cure and treatment?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Gurmukh Singh
Pathology 50 years experience
See below: Please consult this site for information on this topic: http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/folliculitis/basics/definition/CON-20025909 For good health - Have a diet rich in fresh vegetables, fruits, whole grains, milk and milk products, nuts, beans, legumes, lentils and small amounts of lean meats. Avoid saturated fats. Drink enough water daily, so that your urine is mostly colorless. Exercise at least 150 minutes/week and increase the intensity of exercise gradually. Do not use tobacco, alcohol, weed or street drugs in any form. Practice safe sex, if you have sex.

Related questions

A 32-year-old female asked:
1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
A 38-year-old member asked:
1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
A 41-year-old member asked:
1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Last updated Oct 22, 2016
Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.