U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 40-year-old member asked:

what is the risk of the thallium for persantine stress test?

1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Michael Zevitz
Internal medicine 37 years experience
None: Thallium provides no risk to any human as it is non-toxic and is eliminated from the body within a few hours after the test is completed. It is simply a tracer chemical for blood flow.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Personalized answers
Free
Talk to a doctor
$30 per visit with
membership

Similar questions

A member asked:

Can stress cause my breast milk to dry up?

2 doctor answers4 doctors weighed in
Dr. Sharon Gilliland
Pediatrics 36 years experience
Yes: Major stress can certainly diminish breastmilk supply. However, there are things that can be done to counteract the effects of major stress. Drink tons of water (or other non-caffeinated clear liquid) and use fenugreek, an herbal preparation which helps increase milk supply. Dealing with the stress, itself, will also help -- for instance, counseling, yoga and relaxation exercises.
A 36-year-old member asked:

Is it true that emotional stress can cause a miscarriage?

2 doctor answers8 doctors weighed in
Dr. Nicholas Fogelson
Specializes in Gynecology
No: There's no data to suggest that emotional stress increases miscarriage rate. Many women are stressed at various times, and when a stressed woman miscarries she tends to think it was because of the stress - but there isn't any data to confirm this as a cause. There is really nothing a woman can do or not do to cause a miscarriage, short of taking a pill for medical abortion.
A 34-year-old member asked:

Is it normal for EKG and stress tests to be normal after stent & 2 angioplasties were done?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Vardhan Reddy
Vascular Surgery 36 years experience
Yes/no : 85% chance of being abnormal. And it can be normal in 15%of pts.
A 29-year-old member asked:

Can raynaud's syndrome caused by emotional stress?

2 doctor answers5 doctors weighed in
Dr. Bradley Thomas
Vascular Surgery 19 years experience
It can trigger it: Environmental triggers such as exposure to cold is more common. However, stress can also be a trigger and lead to the symptoms of reynauds. If your symptoms are bothering you significantly you should be seen by your doctor. Vascular surgeons, rheumatologists, and many primary care doctors can help you deal with this disorder.
A 37-year-old member asked:

What is the risk of the thallium injected during a persantine stress test?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Calvin Weisberger
Cardiology 51 years experience
Thallium: Thallium poisoning is extemely rare. Radioactive thallium used in the test is thallium 201 and is used in a small dose that dissipates with about a 69 to 73 hr halftime. The radiation is generally no problem unless it is additive in a person who has had lot of radiation exposure.

Related questions

A 35-year-old member asked:
1 doctor answer5 doctors weighed in
A 29-year-old member asked:
2 doctor answers3 doctors weighed in
A 49-year-old member asked:
1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Personalized answers
Free
Talk to a doctor
$30 per visit with
membership
Last updated May 5, 2016

People also asked

Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
$30 per visit with
membership

Disclaimer:

Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.