what is success of laparoscopic anti-reflux surgery for hiatal hernia?

Dr. George T Tsai
General Surgery 27 years experience
Varies: Don't be afraid to ask your surgeon. Most surgeons track their outcomes for at least a few years. If you go to a surgeon with good results and you do your part (eating right and keeping your weight in check) - you can expect durable relief with surgery.
Dr. Ly Phan
Dr. Ly Phananswered
General Surgery 22 years experience
Very high: Gold standard for reflux is nissen fundoplication (stomach wrap ).
Dr. Terry Simpson
General Surgery 35 years experience
90%: Depends on how you define success. It relieves symptoms 98% but in ten years symptoms return in 40%.