after sporting activities, is water ok or do you have to regain electrolytes by drinking gatorade?

Dr. Frank Holmes
Sports Medicine 23 years experience
Depends on activity: If you exercise for less than one hour in relatively normal temps, then water is likely adequate. If you are a heavy sweater or exercise greater than one hour and/or in hot, humid environments, then electrolyte-containing beverages are encouraged during and after an event.
Dr. David Laha
Podiatry 38 years experience
Water is ok: For most sports activities, water is usually fine. Some sports drinks may help you recover quicker. It is best to experiment to find out what would work best for you. Dr l.
Dr. Thomas Namey
Rheumatology 48 years experience
Usually avoid sugar : Gatoride contains useless calories. Hydration is best with regular h2o. When athletes are trained, they secrete less sodium in the sweat, and \affect caused bu a human hormone called aldosterone, which also increases plasma volume. Generelly not exercise physiologist recommened.