I have vitiligo and i am very self conscience about it. in the last 3 yrs it has spread to my face and arms. would spray tanning work? is it harmful?

Dr. James Cunnar
Sure, but...: Spray tanning should be an effective way to cover the loss of pigment, but the spray tan will also cover the skin which has normal pigment. So, you may still have two toned skin. My recommendation would be to find a good make-up artist. Learning how to apply make-up correctly, with the right shading, is probably a better way than spray tanning.

Last updated Apr 24, 2016